POLICIES & FAQ
Most of our policies and practices have been in place for two decades. With the advent of Covid-19, we’ve made some changes, with patron and staff safety as top priority. We hope the info below will help you enjoy your experience. If you have questions or comments, give us a call at 859-957-FILM.
Programs, dates and start times are subject to change; when possible we will provide advance notice. Late seating is solely at the discretion and direction of management. No unattended children. As CWC programming is for adults we ask that you observe MPAA ratings guidelines or equivalencies.
The usual art house prohibitions:
- No outside food or beverage.
- No texting, talking, use of cellular devices during the film and discussion – cell phones and other mobile devices should be turned off when the film starts. No laser pointers. If you create a nuisance or use electronic devices, you will be warned and ultimately told to leave the theatre; and if necessary, the film will be paused to hasten your exit and you will be banned from future events.
- Photography, video or audio recording during the film is strictly prohibited. No laptops, tablets, notepads or the like are allowed in the theatre.
- No firearms, incendiary devices, blades and needles of any type, as well as any other items considered dangerous by theatre staff or law enforcement.
- No smoking, vaping, other use of tobacco or illegal drugs.
- No personal or political rants during film discussions.
- No mammals, birds, reptiles, fish or insects.
TICKETS & SEATING
Seating is General Admission only. Ticket pricing is at the sole discretion of CWC / The Garfield Theatre and subject to change. Due to Covid-19 constraints, tickets are for sale ONLY online and by phone, not at the box office.
- Adult general admission tickets are typically $10 in advance and $15 at the door.
- Student discount tickets are typically $8 in advance, $12 at the door, subject to change. Exceptions apply – check the event webpage for availability. Students must show a valid current student I.D. at Will Call.
- For special events like Oscar Shorts, live performances, filmmaker appearances, etc., prices may vary, please check specific event pages for details.
VIRTUAL CINEMA TICKETS:
Ticket price, length of rental, and viewing methods may differ for each title. Online ticket pricing is at the discretion of the film distributor, studio and/or CWC, depending on the film. Price listed is per household, intended for a max of four viewers.
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES:
- No refunds or exchanges, all sales are final.
- CWC may offer a refund, exchange or other accommodation in the rare instance a screening is postponed or canceled.
- Cash and major credit cards only. All sales are final, no refunds, no exchanges.
- Box office hours: Opens 30 minutes before the film or event; remains open until 30 minutes after the film or event begins. The box office is open only on days when there is a CWC/Garfield film or event. Hours are subject to change. Note: Due to Covid constraints, tickets are for sale ONLY online and by phone, not at the box office.
- Advance online tickets are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via the specific film/event pages on the CWC website. Advance tickets are available by telephone, 859-957-3456, during business hours, typically 9 am – 7 pm, Monday-Saturday. Processing fees will apply. Note: telephone response might be intermittent at times when films are screening in the theatre.
- For pre-purchased tickets: Have your order confirmation email open on your mobile device, OR, bring your Order ID# or confirmation email with you. Our staff will check your mobile ticket at Will Call.
- If you purchase multiple tickets and your party is arriving separately, we request that the person holding the receipt obtains printed tickets from the box office and leaves these tickets in the other guest’s names.
- If you are unable to complete a ticket purchase, contact us at (859) 957-FILM during business hours, or email email@example.com.
- Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. Subject to change.
- CWC films are General Admission.
- During Covid-19 capacity limitation, seat locations will be assigned by management to maintain proper distancing.
TERMS OF PURCHASE:
Purchase of a ticket confirms acceptance by the purchaser that the presenter/host and their staff will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, cost or expenses which may arise in the consequence of attendance at this event. Purchaser declares that they will not attend unless in good health on the day of the event. Further, purchaser understands it is impossible to guarantee that they will not be exposed to Covid-19 and will attend at their own risk.
The Garfield offers a direct, flat, indoor path from the front door to wheelchair spaces and companion seats – no ramps, no stairs. Individuals using walkers, scooters or wheelchairs should call (859) 957-3456 at least 48 hours in advance to confirm your screening date and time as well as available space. When notified, our staff will be standing by to assist.
We permit service animals in the theatre, per ADA and state guidelines, using our established ADA seat locations. Advance notice is required: patrons using service animals should call (859) 957-3456 at least 48 hours in advance to confirm your screening date and time as well as available space. No animals are permitted whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support.
On April 9, 2021, CWC reopened the Garfield Theatre in a cautious manner, with limited capacity and a limited number of screenings. We will continue to put patron safety first. Please understand that it is impossible to guarantee that you will not be exposed to Covid-19 when you attend in person and that by purchasing a ticket you voluntarily assume the risk. If you are not feeling well or think you have been exposed, please stay home and watch the online films in our Virtual Cinema.
GUIDELINES & CONDITIONS:
- June, 2021:
♦ VAX: As the number of metro-area vaccinations increase, we ask that only vaccinated individuals (minus medically necessary exceptions) attend the in-theatre screenings. We are not the Vaccination Police and will rely upon the honor system and your personal integrity to make this possible.
♦ CAPACITY: Screening room seating will remain reduced, at or below 50% of capacity. In reality, capacity will likely range from 25-40%, depending on the total number of tickets sold for a given screening, AND the configuration dictated by the number of single, pair and larger group tickets. Because of in-row 2-seat distancing, we have fewer seats available when the number of singles and pairs are higher.
♦ DISTANCING: We’ll go with all rows open or every other row open, as ticket sales warrant, with a minimum of two empty seats between parties in occupied rows.
♦ MASKS: As of this writing in Ohio masks are no longer mandatory, but patrons are welcome to wear them if they wish.
- April & May, 2021:
♦ Screening room seating is significantly reduced, at or below 25% of capacity. Every other row is closed, with a minimum of three empty seats between parties in occupied rows. You may sit with your group of people in the theatre, but must maintain 3-seat in-row separation between other pods.
♦ Masks are required at all times, in the lobby, common areas and restrooms; and in the theatre, before, during and after screenings, except when actively eating or drinking in your seat.
♦ PEACE OF MIND SCREENINGS ™ (aka: VAXXER WEEKENDS™): The first and second weekends (April 9-10-11 and 16-17-18) are reserved for those who have received the Covid-19 vaccine. You will be asked to display your vaccination card for admission.
OPEN SCREENINGS: Subseqent dates (April 23-24-25 through May) are open to all healthy patrons, with or without vaccination, but we prefer that you be vaccinated.
♦ We ask that you maintain distancing and do not congregate in the lobby. The covered area outside the theatre is a fine place to wait and visit with friends.
♦ Subject to modification based on government rule changes: CWC staff will wear masks or face shields. We will clean turn-over seating and restrooms between programs, as applicable. Exit by row to reduce congestion. Dispose of all recycle/regular trash in the appropriate bins.
- General Conditions:
♦ No imported food or drink allowed, no eating or drinking in the lobby. The CWC concession menu will be limited to prepackaged snacks and beverages.
♦ Hand sanitizer stations are in the lobby and restrooms.
♦ To limit contact, until further notice tickets are for sale ONLY online and by phone, not at the box office.
♦ Be patient with staff and other patrons. Everyone is excited to return to the Garfield – we’re all doing our very best to make it enjoyable and safe.